|Net Worth||$ 80 million|
|Date of Birth:||July 20, 1988|
|Height:||6 feet 5 inches|
A pitcher is one of the most important players on a baseball team. A good pitcher can help his team win games, while a bad pitcher can cause his team to lose games. In short, the pitcher is the most important player on any team, whether it’s Little League or Major League Baseball.
Pitchers are responsible for pitching the ball to the other team’s batters. They can throw the ball in various ways, depending on what type of pitch they want to throw. Some pitchers specialize in throwing certain types of pitches, while others are more versatile and can throw many types of pitches. Stephen Strasburg is one of the best baseball pitchers. That’s the reason why we are here to discuss his biography. Hope you find it helpful!
Stephen Strasburg Biography:
- Stephen Strasburg is an American professional baseball pitcher born July 20, 1988. He played for the Washington Nationals of Major League Baseball.
- Strasburg attended West Hills High School in Santee, California where he played baseball only as a junior because his high school basketball team won the state championship during his sophomore year.
- Stephen Strasburg was selected with the first overall pick by the Washington Nationals in the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft. He moved through three different levels of the minor leagues in 2009; Single-A Hagerstown, Double-A Harrisburg, and Triple-A Syracuse. On August 17, 2009, he made his professional debut for Single-A Hagerstown against the Greensboro Grasshoppers in which he allowed one run in five innings pitched.
Also Read About the Net Worth of: Keegan Michael Key
Stephen Strasburg Early Life/Personal life:
- Stephen Strasburg was born on July 20, 1988, in San Diego, California. He was raised by his parents Jim and Kathleen Swett.
- Stephen Strasburg attended San Diego State University where he played college baseball for the Aztecs. After some time, the Washington Nationals drafted him as the first overall pick in the MLB draft.
- Stephen Strasburg married his long-time girlfriend Rachel Lackey on January 9, 2010. The couple currently resides in Washington, D.C. with their 2 daughters
Stephen Strasburg Professional Career:
- Stephen Strasburg is a professional baseball player for the Washington Nationals of Major League Baseball (MLB). He was drafted by the Nationals with the first pick in the 2009 MLB draft. He played college baseball at San Diego State University, and prior to his major league career, he pitched for Team Israel in an international competition.
- Strasburg’s major league debut came on June 6, 2010, against the Florida Marlins; he threw seven shutout innings while striking out nine batters, earning him the win despite losing 1–0. In 2011, he became just the third pitcher to start consecutive games after his 20th birthday, and also made his second All-Star Game appearance that season. His breakout in 2012 was due to an injury in his shoulder.
- He had surgery in 2010 and returned to pitch for the Nationals in 2012, winning three games with an ERA over 7.00 before his season was cut short by an elbow injury that required more surgery on September 12th of that year.
Stephen Strasburg Facts:
- While at college he was called Slothburg due to his weight. So as a result he gave up baseball
- He was the first pitcher in baseball history to strike out at least eleven batters without issuing a walk in his walk-up debut as a professional.
- On August 21, 2010, Strasburg struck out 14 batters in 7 innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates, setting a record for most strikeouts by a rookie in his debut game.
- On June 8, 2010, Strasburg made his Major League Baseball debut against the Pittsburgh Pirates. He struck out 14 batters in 7 innings pitched, setting a new record for most strikeouts by a rookie pitcher in his first game.
- He was the only one of three pitchers to throw over 100 mph in 2010.
- He missed the entire 2012 season after suffering a shoulder injury in 2010, which led to him being shut out for the year.
- He established a major league record for most strikeouts in a pitcher’s first three starts, with 32.
How Old is Stephen Strasburg?
He is 33 years old.
Stephen Strasburg Net Worth:
His net worth is $80 Million
Stephen Strasburg Salary:
His Salary is $35 million ($11.4 million deferred)
Stephen Strasburg Height:
His height is 6 feet 5 inches
Also Read About the Net Worth of: Chad Michael Murray
Is Stephen Strasburg Single?
No, he is not single. Rachel Lackey is the spouse of American expert baseball player Stephen Strasbourg.
Stephen Strasburg Achievements:
- 2009 Golden Spikes Award by USA Baseball
- 2009 Dick Howser Trophy
- 2009 Baseball America College Player of the Year
- 2010 Player of the Week Award
- 2012 Pitcher of the Month Award (April)
- 2012 The Silver Slugger Award (National League)
- 2015 Player of the Week Award
- 2016 Pitcher of the Month Award (July)
- 2017 Pitcher of the Month Award (September)
- 2019 Hickok Belt
- 2019 Pitcher of the Month Award (July)
- 2019 World Series Most Valuable Player Award.
Stephen Strasburg Hobbies:
- He spends his spare time doing many things that most people do, like playing video games or watching movies with his family.
- He also enjoys spending time outdoors fishing in his free time when he’s not pitching during the season. His favorite hobby outside of sports is hunting! When he isn’t hunting, you can find him on Twitter talking about baseball or retweeting other athletes' tweets about their success in sports.
Stephen Strasburg Education:
- Stephen attended West Hills High School. He was named as a Scholar-Athlete of the Year 2006. Regardless of his success, he was not chosen for the major league in the year.
- Then for higher education, he joined San Diego State University He was highly bullied by their students. Due to this, he was stressed out and quite atheist.
Stephen Strasburg Relationship Status:
Stephen Strasburg is married to his college sweetheart, Rachel Lackey. They have 2 daughters together. Strasburg has spoken about how getting married and becoming a father has helped him focus on baseball.
See the Net Worth’s of More Famous People: Howworth
Frequently Asked Questions
How much money does Stephen Strasburg make a year?
Stephen Strasburg makes 35 million USD in a year.
How many cars does Stephen Strasburg have?
It’s unclear how many cars Stephen Strasburg has, but we can safely say that it’s more than one. After all, you need a car to get around in Washington D.C.!