|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Date of Birth:||December 30, 1956|
|Profession:||Actress, Singer, Author, and Activist|
Sheryl Lee Ralph is one of the most accomplished actresses in Hollywood. With a net worth of $10 million, she has solidified her place as a successful actress and singer. Ralph started her career in the early 1980s and has since starred in dozens of films and T.V. shows. She is also a noted philanthropist, having founded several charities that focus on helping young people achieve their dreams. Despite being in her 60s, Ralph shows no signs of slowing down. Her fans can look forward to many more years of entertainment from this talented star.
Sheryl Lee Ralph Biography
- Sheryl Lee Ralph is best known for her portrayal of Deena Jones in the Broadway musical Dreamgirls. On December 30, 1956, she was born in Waterbury, Connecticut, to veteran jazz musician Stanley Ralph and dentist Rose Ralph. Growing up, Sheryl studied tap dance, piano, and voice. She later attended Wesleyan University, where she earned a degree in drama.
- Sheryl made her Broadway debut in 1978 in the Paul Simon musical The Capeman. She went on to star in several other stage productions, including Arabian Nights (1981), Growin' Up (1982), Merlin (1983), and What Every Girl Wants (1984). It wasn’t until 1981 that Sheryl landed her breakout role as Deena Jones in the Broadway musical Dreamgirls, and the role earned her a Tony Award nomination for Best Lead Actress in a Musical.
- In addition to her work on stage, Sheryl has also enjoyed a successful career in film and television.
Also Read About the Net Worth of: Richard Benjamin Harrison
Sheryl Lee Ralph Personal life:
In 1992, Sheryl wed Brian Lucas, a television producer. The couple has two children together: daughter Ivy and son Sean.
Sheryl Lee Ralph Professional Career
- Ralph began her professional career modeling clothes for societal events. After landing a role in Hair, Ralph made her on-screen debut in the 1971 reductions of Cannibal! The Musical. Later that year, she starred as the daughter of an emperor in the Broadway musical Timbuktu!, for which she received a Theatre World Award. In 1979, Ralph released her debut album, In the Evening.
- After appearing in several other Broadway productions, Ralph made her film debut in 1983’s Something Wicked This Way Comes. She went on to star in numerous films throughout the 1980s and 1990s, such as A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987), Clifford (1994), and The Distinguished Gentleman (1992).
Sheryl Lee Ralph Facts:
- Sheryl is of Jamaican descent.
- Sheryl has a net worth of $10 million.
- Sheryl founded the D.I.V.A. Foundation, a charity that helps young women achieve their dreams.
- Sheryl was nominated for a Tony Award for her role in Dreamgirls.
How Old is Sheryl Lee Ralph?
Sheryl Lee Ralph is 63 years old.
Sheryl Lee Ralph Net Worth:
Sheryl Lee Ralph has a net worth of $10 million.
Sheryl Lee Ralph Salary:
However, we can estimate that she earns at least $100,000 per year.
Sheryl Lee Ralph Height:
Sheryl Lee Ralph is 5'7" tall.
Also Read About the Net Worth of: Scott Van Pelt
Is Sheryl Lee Ralph Single?
Sheryl Lee Ralph is currently married to Brian Lucas.
Sheryl Lee Ralph Achievements
- Sheryl Lee Ralph is an accomplished actress, singer, and activist. She’s starred in several films and television shows and has released several solo albums throughout her career. Ralph is also known for her activism, which focuses on AIDS awareness, domestic violence prevention, and voter education.
- Ralph has been recognized with numerous awards and accolades over the years. In 2002 she was inducted into the N.A.A.C.P. Image Awards Hall of Fame, and in 2006 she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In 2009 she was appointed as a UNICEF Ambassador, and in 2012 she was honored with a Global Leadership Award from the World Affairs Council.
Sheryl Lee Ralph Social Media
- Twitter account is with the user name of Sheryl Lee Ralph
- Instagram account is with the user name of Sheryl Lee Ralph
- Facebook account is with the user name of Sheryl Lee Ralph
Sheryl Lee Ralph Hobbies:
Ralph enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and playing tennis.
Sheryl Lee Ralph Education:
Ralph earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in drama from Wesleyan University.
Sheryl Lee Ralph Relationship Status
See the Net Worth’s of More Famous People: Howworth
Frequently Asked Questions
How many cars does Sheryl Lee Ralph have?
Sheryl Lee Ralph has two cars.
What is Sheryl Lee Ralph's ethnicity?
Sheryl Lee Ralph is of Jamaican descent.