|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Date of Birth:||October 18, 1935|
|Profession:||Comedian, Singer, Actor, and Film Produce|
Rudy Ray Moore was an American comedian, singer, actor, and filmmaker. He was perhaps best known for creating the 1970s blaxploitation films Dolemite and The Human Tornado. In addition to his work in film, Moore also had a successful career as a stand-up comedian and recorded several hit comedy albums. Rudy Ray Moore remained relatively unknown to mainstream audiences during his lifetime despite his success. However, he has been rediscovered by a new generation of fans in recent years and is now recognized as a pioneer of black cinema. What is Rudy Ray Moore’s net worth? Read on to find out!
Rudy Ray Moore Biography:
- Rudy Ray Moore was born in Fort Smith, Arkansas, on October 18, 1935. His father was a Baptist preacher, and his mother was a gospel singer. After dropping out of school in the ninth grade, he worked at various odd jobs before moving to Los Angeles in the early 1960s. He started doing stand-up comedy there and landed bit parts in movies and on T.V.
- In 1969, he released his first album, “This Pussy Belongs to Me,” which became a regional hit. The following year, he starred in and directed “Dolemite,” a blaxploitation movie that became a cult classic. He went on to make several more movies over the years, including “The Human Tornado” (1976) and “Petey Wheatstraw” (1977). In the 1980s, he returned to stand-up comedy and released several successful comedy albums. He continued to perform and record until he died in 2008.
Also Read About the Net Worth of: Heavy D Sparks
Rudy Ray Moore Personal life:
Rudy Ray Moore was married twice. His first wife, Betty Jean Hemphill, died in 1999. The couple had two children together: a son named Rudy Ray Moore Jr. and a daughter named Tonya Moore. His second wife, Eliza Coleman-Moore, whom he married in 2001, survives him.
Rudy Ray Moore Professional Career
- Rudy Ray Moore had a long and successful career as a stand-up comedian, actor, and singer. He was known for his raunchy humor and explicit lyrics, which often landed him in hot water with the censors. However, he was also praised for his improvisational skills and ability to engage audiences.
- Moore got his start in the entertainment industry as a stand-up comic in the early 1960s, and he quickly gained a following thanks to his foul-mouthed but funny act. In 1969, he made his acting debut in the blaxploitation film “Dolemite,” and he would star in several other blaxploitation films over the next few years. He also wrote, produced, and directed several of these movies.
Rudy Ray Moore Facts:
- Rudy Ray Moore was a skilled singer, comedian, and actor. He recorded several songs over the years, including “The Dope Fiend Blues” and “I Can’t Believe I Ate the Whole Thing.”
- His movie “Dolemite” was based on a real person: an African-American pimp and drug dealer named Rudy Dunlap.
- In addition to his work in front of the camera, Rudy Ray Moore also worked behind the scenes on several movies.
How Old is Rudy Ray Moore?
Rudy Ray Moore was born on October 18, 1935, making him 72 years old at his death.
Rudy Ray Moore’s Net Worth
Rudy Ray Moore’s net worth has been estimated at between $4 million and $10 million.
Rudy Ray Moore Height:
Rudy Ray Moore was 5'10" tall.
Also Read About the Net Worth of: Amy Jo Johnson
Is Rudy Ray Moore Single?
Rudy Ray Moore was married twice but was single at his death.
Rudy Ray Moore Achievements
- Rudy Ray Moore was a comedian and actor known for his blaxploitation films of the 1970s. He is also credited with being one of the first comedians to use profanity in his stand-up routines.
- Moore’s biggest achievement, however, was his influence on black culture and comedy. Before Moore, most black comedians were constrained by what they could say on stage due to the oppressive Jim Crow laws. Moore, however, was not afraid to push boundaries, and his irreverent humor won him a large following among black audiences. His legacy can be seen in the work of many modern black comedians, including Richard Pryor and Chris Rock.
Rudy Ray Moore Social Media
- IMDb account is with the user name of Rudy Ray Moore
Rudy Ray Moore Hobbies:
Rudy Ray Moore enjoyed playing the piano and singing. He also liked to watch old movies, especially westerns.
Rudy Ray Moore Education:
Rudy Ray Moore graduated from High School in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Rudy Ray Moore Relationship Status
See the Net Worth’s of More Famous People: Howworth
Frequently Asked Questions
How many cars does Rudy Ray Moore have?
Rudy Ray Moore had two cars: a Cadillac and a Chevy.
How many houses does Rudy Ray Moore have?
Rudy Ray Moore had two homes in Beverly Hills and one in Las Vegas.