|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Date of Birth:||19 Feb 1968|
|Height:||5 feet and 11 in|
Did you know that the noted rapper Prince Markie Dee has a net worth of $3 million? That’s right, this hip-hop artist has made a nice living for himself over the years. Let’s take a closer look at how he made his money and what he spends it on.
Prince Markie Dee Biography:
Mark Anthony Rooney, better known as Prince Markie Dee, is an American rapper and record producer. He first came to prominence in the early 1990s as a member of the Funky Four Plus One. He has since worked extensively with The Fat Boys and other hip-hop groups. As a solo artist, he has released two albums, both of which have been certified gold by the RIAA.
Rooney was born in the Bronx, New York City on Febraury 19, 1968. He made his recording debut at the age of nine on “Christmas Rappin'” (1979), an album released by Sugar Hill Records. In 1984, at the age of 17, Rooney joined forces with fellow Bronx rappers Kool Rock.
Prince Markie Dee Personal Life:
Dee has been married to his wife, Stacy, since 2002. They have two sons together. Dee also has a daughter from a previous relationship.
Prince Markie Dee Professional Career:
Mark Markie Dee Young (born November 27, 1970) is an American rapper and actor. He is better known by his stage name, Prince Markie Dee. He is one of the founding members of the Fat Boys, and was a member from 1984 to 1991.
After the Fat Boys disbanded, Prince Markie Dee released a solo album titled Hard Core in 1994. He then went on to release two more albums: Playin' with Fire in 1996 and I Need a Girl in 1998. In 2000, he made an appearance on the soundtrack for the film Charlie’s Angels. After that, he took a break from releasing music to focus on his acting career.
Prince Markie Dee Facts:
Here are a few things you might not know about the late, great Prince Markie Dee:
- He was born Markus Anthony Farrell in the Bronx, New York on February 19, 1968.
- His mother was Italian-American and his father was African American.
- Markie Dee’s first musical experience came as a member of the short lived rap group The younger flavas fresh off of their Bronx block. The group also included future solo artists Kid Capri and KRS One.
- In 1987, he joined forces with Ray Maldonado and Fowler Hobbs to form The Fat Boys. The Fat Boys were originally unsigned, but shortly after releasing their self titled debut album on an independent label, they were picked up by Sutra Records.
How Old is Prince Markie Dee?
Prince Markie Dee is 51 years old.
Prince Markie Dee Net Worth:
Prince Markie Dee’s net worth is estimated to be $3 million.
Prince Markie Dee Height:
Prince Markie Dee is 5'11" tall.
Is Prince Markie Dee Single?
No, Prince Markie Dee is not single.
Prince Markie Dee Achievements:
- Prince Markie Dee was a successful rapper and producer in the 1980s and early 1990s.
- He was a member of the Rap trio The Fat Boys, who had hits with songs like “The Twist” and “Can You Feel It.” After the group disbanded, Prince Markie Dee went on to have a solo career, releasing the album Free.
- He also produced several tracks for artists like Mariah Carey and Madonna.
- Prince Markie Dee’s achievements include being inducted into the Hip Hop Hall of Fame and receiving a Grammy nomination for his work on Mariah Carey’s album Daydream.
Prince Markie Dee Social Media:
His Instagram account is with the user name of princemarkiedee.
Prince Markie Dee Hobbies:
In his spare time, he enjoys playing basketball and golf.
Prince Markie Dee Education:
He attended Catholic schools in the Bronx, but did not graduate.
Prince Markie Dee Relationship Status:
He has been married to his wife, Stacy.
See the Net Worth’s of More Famous People: Howworth
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Cars Does Prince Markie Dee Have?
Prince Markie Dee has three cars.
What Is Prince Markie Dee's Ethnicity?
Prince Markie Dee is African American.