|Net Worth||$50 million|
|Date of Birth:||31 January 1973|
|Height:||5′ 7″ inches|
Portia de Rossi is an American actress (born Amanda Lee Rogers; 31 January 1973) who rose to prominence in the Ally McBeal television series. She began her acting career when she was a youngster. She has appeared in numerous TV commercials throughout her career. After that, she began starring in films and is perhaps most notable for Scream 2 and Better Off Ted.
Portia de Rossi Biography
- Portia de Rossi was born and reared in Geelong, Australia. Originally named Amanda Rogers, she took the name Portia when she was fifteen, thinking it was the most daring thing she’d ever done up to that point. In 1993, Portia was recognized by a casting director who saw her in a commercial, and she subsequently auditioned for Sirens, a low-budget comedy with Hugh Grant. She was chosen to play Giddy, one of the three beautiful models in the movie, and immediately began getting work. It wasn’t until 1997, however, that Portia’s career truly took off.
- Portia has graced the covers of numerous publications, including Shape. After more than a decade of dedication, Portia is now getting real acclaim for her magnificent locks as well as her exceptional ability.
- As of her sexual orientation, Portia came out in public as a lesbian in 2005 and married television host, comedian, producer, and writer Ellen DeGeneres in 2008. They are very happy together.
Portia de Rossi Early Life/Personal life:
- The most talented model came to being in Horsham, Victoria, Australia. Her father, Barry Rogers, was a Jew who passed away when she was only nine years old. Her mother previously name was Amanda Le Rogers. She changed her name to Margaret. When she was 15, she decided to change her name for a better one. She was a medical receptionist.
- She said she chose the name Portia as it was a character in William Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice, and her last name was Italian. She mentioned siblings: an older brother named Michael Rogers.
Portia de Rossi Professional Career
- After seeing her in a television commercial, a casting director was intrigued and eventually invited her to audition for the films. In 1994, this Australian diva made her film debut in the Sirens movie. In 1995, she played Shaun in the Woman in the Moon film. Other films include Scream 2 (1997), Girl (1998), Girl (1998), American Intellectuals (1999), Stigmata, (1999) , Who is Cletis Tout?
- She also worked in television, appearing on numerous shows. She has appeared on many television programs throughout her career. In 1995, she was featured in Too Something, playing the part of Maria Hunter. She has also performed in other series such as Ally (1999), The Glow (2002), the Twilight Zone, Mister Sterling (2003) and Arrested Development. Her biggest parts have been in films, such as I Witness (2003), The Night We Named It a Day (2003), Dead and Breakfast (2005), Cursed (2005), Unity (2014) , and Now Add Honey (2015).
Portia de Rossi Facts
- When she was in her teens, Portia says she had anorexia nervosa and has battled it all through her adult life. It was her diligent training that assisted her in overcoming this eating problem.
- Portia has also published an autobiography called “Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain.”
- After her wedding, Portia Lee James DeGeneres went through a major transition and changed her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres. Although she continued professionally as Portia de Rossi, she took a significant step by changing her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres after the ceremony.
- Highlighted in Stuff Magazine as a 69th ranker in 100 hottest women.
- She is presently a very healthy eater who never refuses herself of food items or limits herself in terms of quantity.
- Featured in female fatales magazine for 31st in 100 sexiest ladies in film and television.
- There was a rumor that the couple was splitting. Her partner, Ellen, denied this by saying in an interview, Ellen said,
“There’s not one ounce of truth to any of it. I am very happily married. The only thing we ever argue about is who loves who more, it really is true.”
How Old is Portia de Rossi ?
She is 49 years old.
Portia de Rossi Net Worth
She has a net worth of $50 million.
Portia de Rossi Salary
Her estimated salary is said to around $275,000.
Portia de Rossi Height:
Her height is 5′ 7″.
Is Portia de Rossi Single?
No, Portia is married to Ellen. They met at an industry event in 2004, and the two began dating shortly afterwards. After four years of dating, Portia and Ellen got married in August 2008. The couple has been together ever since.
Portia de Rossi Achievements:
She won many awards, including:
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series(1999)
- TV Land Award (2004)
- Satellite Award for Best Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical(2005)
- Gold Derby TV Award (2006)
Portia de Rossi Social Media
- His Twitter account is with the user name of Portia de Rossi
- His Instagram account is with the user name of Portia de Rossi
Portia de Rossi Hobbies:
like enjoys painting, Pilates, hiking, and spending time with her wife Ellen DeGeneres.
Portia de Rossi has many hobbies like enjoys painting, Pilates, hiking, and spending time with her wife Ellen DeGeneres, but she has infinite love of cooking. She often posts pictures on Instagram of the dishes she’s made, and she says that cooking is a form of self-care for her. “I can cook anything. I’m not saying that to be cocky, I just mean that it’s a skill that I’ve mastered,” she told The FIX in an interview.
“When I’m stressed or feeling down, I’ll cook something and it makes me feel better.”
Portia de Rossi Education
Portia went to Geelong Grammar School. Later, Portia enrolled at the University of Melbourne to study law.
Portia de Rossi Relationship Status
Portia de Rossi is a married woman. She married Ellen DeGeneres in 2008. The two are still together.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much money does Portia de Rossi make a year?
She makes around $3.3 million per year.
How many cars does Portia de Rossi have?
De Rossi has an impressive car collection that features a Ferrari F430 Spider, a Porsche 911 Carrera S, and a Range Rover Sport. She also owns a classic 1957 Chevy Bel Air convertible.